Monday 29 June 2015

Getting into writing...

I find it hard sometimes to make time to write. I have all these ideas that are floating around, scraps of paper with chapters and scenes on, and so so many word documents of character development and the like. Having all this is great, but no if there isn't the time to turn it into something that actually makes sense, or even makes a story of some sort.
My dream is to make money out of writing, whether that is fiction or not. This is proving to be difficult as we all know this isn't the best time to be looking for jobs. Everyone is applying for the same roles and there is always someone more qualified than you. I would love to spend 6 months in London, soaking up all the work experience I can, then putting it on my CV. I can't do this, I have a mortgage to pay and can't afford to not be paid a decent wage.

I know one day the opportunities will come to me, perhaps I am being impatient, after all I am only 25 and am doing fairly well for myself. I own a home, have a loving boyfriend, have a great editing job which pays well. Perhaps I should stop asking for more? Deep down I have ambitions and I know where I want to be, and now is the time to be doing I guess. I am young and have the drive to succeed in a ruthless and competitive world.

One day it will all come together, patience is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment